The Payroll Coordinator works in the Manheim Employee Service Center as part of a dedicated team of HR professionals, serving over 20,000 Manheim employees in the United States. Responsibilities include the processing of all payrolls for multiple operating locations and the planning, organizing, and controlling of all aspects of the payroll function. This consists of the maintenance of payroll data for the daily processing and related entries within Kronos and PeopleSoft systems environments. The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for providing assistance to employees and location management regarding day-to-day payroll questions and concerns, showing a high-level of support and top quality customer service in accordance with Manheim guidelines and procedures.
• Coordinates work flow and procedures between payroll, HR, location management and the Employee Service Center team.
• Performs data entry of missed punches, work schedules and time adjustments, direct deposit, tax, and other data in KRONOS and PeopleSoft Systems; balances and audits KRONOS and payroll batch data to ensure appropriate processing.
• Approves time for employees in KRONOS—ensuring that the appropriate employee and supervisory signatures are present.
• Ensures payroll system compliance with local, state, and federal laws.
• Processes payroll items such as flag/piece pay, commissions, bonuses, third party sick pay, reversals/voids, prizes/awards, fringe benefits, etc.
• Prepares off-cycle payroll checks and special payrolls for locations.
• Develops and maintains payroll recordkeeping for locations, ensuring appropriate approvals, controls, and compliance with state and Federal laws and company recordkeeping guidelines.
• Reviews balances, prepares reports, processes payouts as required, maintains reporting, and runs queries/reports on used/available PTO.
• Keeps abreast of changes in local, state, and federal laws; changes policy and/or contract language as they pertain to the payroll function.
• Provides and delivers education/training to customers via a remote platform utilizing a web based product with regard to all aspects of payroll processing and support portals.
• Track and log all transactions related to customer inquiries and data entry utilizing Axiom.
• Follow up on outstanding issues to ensure resolution, keep customers informed on the status of research and closes Axiom ticket when complete.
• Responsible for securing, safeguarding and keeping confidential employee information as required by our, “Personally Identifiable Information Security Policy” and all other Manheim data privacy requirements.
• Position supports 4 time zones. Must adhere to scheduled phone time during shift and remain flexible to support
unanticipated events that drive volume. Flexibility is required to support peak volume events throughout the year.
The qualified candidate will have the above experience and meet the below requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in high volume payroll processing for a medium to large workforce. Strong knowledge of federal/state wage and hour laws, including garnishments. Multi-state payroll experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Effective customer service, time management and organizational skills necessary.
- Commitment to quality and collaboration in a team based environment. Experience with PeopleSoft, Kronos or a similar payroll system is required and Microsoft Office 2010, including strong MS Excel is essential.
- CPP or other payroll certification desirable
Manheim is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our company values the health and financial well-being of its employees and provides a variety of health care programs, which includes medical, dental, vision, employee and dependent life insurance, long-term disability and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for health care and dependent care expenses. The Company believes financial security in retirement is important and offers a 401(k) Savings Plus Plan as well as company-funded Pension Plan.
Manheim was established in 1945 as a wholesale vehicle auction operation. Today, with 20,000 employees at 106 operating locations in 14 countries, Manheim is the world’s leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. Manheim has set the industry standard for buying and selling used vehicles at live auctions and online. In 2012, Manheim handled nearly 8 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim brings together qualified sellers and volume buyers of used vehicles that include automotive dealerships, banks, car rental agencies, car manufacturers and government agencies. Manheim offers its customers a reliable and secure market in which to purchase a variety of vehicles and services that no other remarketing provider can match.
Follow us on the following Social Media websites: