Description - Internal
The Director, Human Resources will report to the Senior Vice President of Human Resources for AutoTrader Group with a dotted line report to the Media and Software Division Presidents.
As a critical member of the HR Leadership team this individual will work directly with Division and Group level leaders
(CTO, CFO, CMO and SVP HR) and provide HR strategic direction and counsel to help strengthen the organization and managerial capacities, ensure operational excellence and engagement across departments and BU’s.
This individual will also effectively lead, manage and motivate a team of human resources professionals.
- This role requires successful management of relationships in support of business and department goals and the ability to establish strong working partnerships with management, employees and HR colleagues
- Working closely with the Media and Software Division Presidents and Group Level Sr. Executives, this individual will
be accountable for advising his or her teams regarding matters related to performance management, talent management, employee relations, organizational design, recruiting, compensation and leadership development.
- Partner with Division Presidents, Group Leaders, Leaders and COE leaders and teams to:
- Assess the organization’s talent strengths and weaknesses/risk areas.
- Objectively assess and diagnose business problems, identify opportunities and facilitate the development of solutions.
- Design or refine organization structures and drive talent review and succession planning for client departments.
- Strengthen leadership and managerial capabilities across the enterprise to build deep bench of diverse, empowered
and skilled talent that can support the growth of the business
- Create HR “playbook” for Division and Group level department and teams to support the short- and long-range
goals and objects.
- Lead and create companywide processes, policies and programs in partnership with HR leaders and team members.
- Partner with Managers to drive and implement HR initiatives, programs and policies; identify and implement tools and techniques with a focus on Performance Management, Talent Review and Succession Management, Employee Career growth and Organizational development.
- Provide oversight and directions in the handling of complex employee relations matters.
- Ensure performance rewards (compensation and incentives) are aligned with management responsibilities and
- Champion HR initiatives that that supports the success of the company' growth and reinforces a collaborative, aligned and engaged culture.
- Partner with ATG HR Shared Services and COE teams to build a diverse skilled and high performing talent pool that
can support the growth of the business.
- Partner with the Director of Total Rewards (Comp and Benefits) to aligned Sales incentive and Compensation Plans
and movement across.
- Proactively lead and implement change management people initiatives, including future M&A activities.
- Work with leaders drive greater role clarity and decision accountability.
- Apply HR processes and policies fairly and consistently, train managers on practices and ensure compliance with
policy requirements. Recommend appropriate training for managers and employees concerning compliance.
- Attend Division HR Leadership staff meetings and participate as a partner to ensure HR objectives are shared and in concert with business operating objectives.
- Monitors day-to-day operations and trends having an HR related impact. Ensure compliance with all applicable
employment laws regulations and employees are properly
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Other duties as assigned